Glen A. Wilson 2022 - 2023 Scholarship Listing
** Spring Semester **
REMEMBER: Check the financial aid pages for the schools that you are applying to for any scholarships specifically for students applying to that college or university. These may be FULL RIDE scholarships!
Servants Arms: May 21st
Available for high school graduates and undergraduate students. 2. High school and college students must have a minimum 2.75 GPA. 3. All scholarship applicants must complete a written application, including the essay. 4. All applicants may be subject to an oral interview. 5. The Scholarship Committee may consider financial need of the applicant. 6. Scholarships awarded to be between ($1,000 to 2,500). Go to: www.servantsarms.org to download the application.
PB & J Scholarship: May 31st
The PB&J Scholarship is for students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically, but who still have the drive to succeed.
Examples of personal challenges include, but are not limited to:
- medical issues
- peer issues: bullying, change of school, minority status, etc.
- family issues: divorce, death, lack of income, homelessness, foster care, abuse, etc.
Applications can be found by going to: https://scholarsapp.com/scholarship/pbj-scholarship
Want to keep track of any scholarships you may be eligible for?
Sign up for an account with www.fastweb.com, www.scholarships.com, or www.scholarshipamerica.com. It takes awhile to complete the information, but then possible scholarships are sent directly to your inbox - this can also continue through college and include internships too!
Look for general scholarship resource? Check out the options below from the website GoingMerry; it's a site that is kind of like the common app of scholarships!
Search Engines and Scholarship programs
- Scholar Snapp - A free, simple to use data standard that allows students to reuse their application information - including contact information, essays, transcripts, etc. - from one scholarship application to another thereby streamlining the college scholarship application process.
- Scholly – A mobile app that provides students with a fast and simple way to find scholarships for college. (Created by Christopher Gray, a Coca-Cola Scholar!)
- Peerlift - Proven scholarships, internships, summer programs, and more gathered by fellow students like you. (Founded by a team of 2017 Coca-Cola Scholars!) Learn more about the creation of Peerlift.
- Fastweb – Create a profile and let fastweb do the research on scholarships, internships colleges and more for you.
- CashCourse – Information that helps college students stay financially informed.
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation – Educational and scholarship opportunities for students of all levels.
- Cappex – A free website where you can learn which colleges want you, before you apply and learn about more than $11 billion in merit aid scholarships.
- Scholarships.com– A free college scholarship search and financial aid information.
- Scholarship America – Provides information and resources for your scholarship search.
- KnowHow2GO – Complete information on college prep, whether in middle school or seniors.
- HS Finder (Hispanic Scholarship Fund) – Scholarship information for Latino students.
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund – Provides scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Gates Millennium Scholars – Provides outstanding low income African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate college education in any discipline they choose.
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund – The nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to providing college scholarships for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- American Indian College Fund – Provides Native American students with scholarships and financial support for the nation’s 33 accredited tribal colleges and universities.
- Dell Scholars Program – Recognizes academic potential and determination in students that have a definite need for financial assistance.
- UNCF – Awards 10,000 students each year through 400 scholarship and internship programs so that students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board.
- Chegg – A place to connect with scholarships and learn about colleges.
- Reagan Foundation Scholarships - Scholarship opportunities for outstanding student leaders.
- Goizueta Legacy Scholarship - Provides scholarships for the children of Coca-Cola employees.
- American Indian Graduate Center & AIGCS - The largest scholarship providers to Native students in the United States, awarding $15 million in scholarships annually and more than $200 million since inception. For almost 50 years, AIGC has funded students pursing undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in any field of study at any accredited institution of choice, working with over 500 tribes in all 50 states.
- The NSHSS Foundation - The NSHSS Foundation fosters the growth of students pursuing the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math), business, economics, public policy, and environmental science and sustainability fields. Through special programs, including the NSHSS Honor Society, the NSHSS Foundation connects young scholars with additional opportunities to advance their education, personal growth and career interests.
Throughout the year, various scholarships will be posted that our local to Wilson HS or HLPUSD. Most of these scholarships will have a Wilson winner guaranteed! Be sure to check often and don't forget to check you Class of Google Classroom to be notified when an update is posted!
Here are some names to watch for:
Wildcat to Wildcat Scholarship
National Charity League Scholarship
Rudy Chavarria Scholarship
Gino Kwok Scholarship
Kiwanis Club Scholarship
Kiwanis SLP Scholarship
Miss 4th of July Scholarship
Rotary Club Scholarships
Grandma Chu Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Cookie Scholarship
State of the District Scholarship
Kathryn Millan Scholarship
Isaac Leung Scholarship